ALP Event Attendance Terms and Conditions
The Association of Lodging Professionals, Inc (ALP) invites Lodging Professionals, including current and aspiring property operators, and companies supporting the lodging industry, to come together for networking and education. Mutually beneficial exchanges of information on trends, services, and experiences elevates the knowledge level of all with the goal of enhancing the guest experience and exceeding guest expectations.
- These ALP Event Attendance Terms and Conditions apply to the primary registrant and all guests and/or staff registered under the primary registrant.
- ALP Refund Schedule - ALP will refund attendees based on the following schedule, less a 5% processing fee. All refund requests must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendees (non-exhibitors)
- 100% : More than 90 Days to start of the event
- 50% : Between 60 - 89 days from the start of the event
- 25% : Between 30 - 59 days before the start of the event
- No refunds will be given within 29 days of the start of the event
- Due to the deliverables and recognitions granted upon receipt of payment, sponsorships are binding and no refunds will be given.
- Advertising purchases are non-refundable.
- Exhibitor Booths
- 100% : More than 180 days from the start of the event
- 50% : Between 90 - 179 days from the start of the event
- 25% : Between 60 - 90 days from the start of the event
- No refunds will be given within 59 days of the start of the event
- Attendees (non-exhibitors)
- Suitcasing is not permitted at ALP Events.
- Only paid exhibitors may participate in the sales and marketing of products or services at ALP Events.
- If you wish to participate as an exhibitor, please contact email@example.com.
- Disregard for these ALP Event Attendance Terms and Conditions may result in expulsion from the ALP Event without refunds being issued.
- I hereby release and agree to hold the Association of Lodging Professionals, Inc.(ALP) harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of ALP, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any ALP Event. I understand that this release discharges ALP from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against ALP with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any ALP Event. This liability waiver and release extends to ALP Directors, Employees, and Contractors.
- Paid exhibitors and sponsors agree to not host any events or educational sessions during any ALP scheduled or sanctioned event. This includes travel time required to attend an event or educational session hosted by the paid exhibitor or sponsor.
- Regardless of ALP Membership status, all attendees and exhibitors at ALP Events agree to ALP Code of Ethics as stated below - This Code of Ethics is to establish and maintain the brand, reputation, and member and public confidence in the professionalism and integrity of the Association of Lodging Professionals (ALP) and its individual members.
“All Members of ALP will abide by this Code of Ethics as a component of membership, with the expectation that all members will uphold this Code of Ethics. By doing so, members agree to the necessity of fair and equitable practices among all who are engaged in the independent lodging industry.
- Representation - The Member will represent themselves truthfully and professionally in their communications with others.
- Professionalism / Business Practices - The Member will act, operate their business, and communicate in a professional and ethical manner so as to neither offend others nor discredit themselves, fellow members, or ALP. The Member will maintain and respect the confidentiality of fellow members and ALP, in business or personal matters.
- Respect - The Member will maintain a relationship with fellow members and ALP based on respect, professional courtesy, and the highest ethical standards.
- Diversity - The Member will respect diversity, foster inclusion in their business, and not participate in any agreement or activity that would limit or deny access to any Federal protected class.
- Intellectual Property - The Member will not use, by any means, intellectual property, proprietary information, or any content originated by others unless approved in writing by the originator.
- Support ALP - The Member will support the mission and work of ALP; should there be disagreement, the Member will communicate with ALP in a professional manner.
- Failure to uphold this Code of Ethics is determined in accordance with the bylaws, policies and procedures of the Association of Lodging Professionals. ALP reserves the right to interpret, amend and enforce these regulations as it deems proper to assure the success of the organization and its members.
- Any disciplinary action instituted by ALP shall be binding and final upon the Member and without recourse to the ALP, its officers, and staff. Disciplinary actions may include but are not limited to temporary or permanent non-eligibility of membership or use of member services such as participation in social media venues.”
The Association of Lodging Professionals, Inc.(ALP) reserves the right to amend or add to these Terms and Conditions at any time for any reason. All attendees will be emailed the changes to the email on file. Should an attendee not accept the amended "ALP Event Attendance Terms and Conditions", the individual will have 7 days from the email SEND date to reply for a refund, less any funds previously used towards exhibitor/sponsor advertising.