B&Bs for Vets
As a way of thanking our active military and veterans who are serving or have served our country, we invite you to participate in the B&Bs for Vets program sponsored by the Association of Lodging Professionals!
Open to all lodging properties, inns, and B&Bs in the U.S, participation in B&Bs for Vets is easy. You simply offer at least one FREE room for one night or a Buy One and Get One Free offer on or around Veteran's Day in November to a deserving veteran or active duty military. If offering a room on Veterans Day won't work for you, feel free to offer other dates for free stays for vets. We'll still promote your offer under the B&Bs for Vets campaign.
The B&Bs for Vets website is active year around so that you may list your other military discounts throughout the year. This makes the website much more valuable both for you to attract military guests and for them to find offers. There is no fee for this listing that will expand your marketing opportunity to veterans- you just need to provide one FREE room or a Buy One / Get One Free offer to a veteran in November! Please note that there is no requirement to offer a free night in order to offer a special.
Of course, if you wish to offer more than one room for one night, we encourage that! If you’d like to offer one free room and then a few more at a BOGO or specially discounted rate, that’s fine, as long as the one free room is honored. Get your property listed today! (Please read the FAQs below before submitting a listing)
Property Listing Information:
All innkeepers/legal lodging property owners are invited to participate in the B&Bs for Vets program by offering a minimum of one room for one night and totally free to veterans and active military. Innkeepers/Lodging Professionals do not need to be members of ALP to participate as the program is open to all legal lodging operations whose property has commercial insurance, the required licenses/permits, and pays the applicable taxes. Many properties will offer more than one room which is appreciated.
- If you wish to offer more than one free room for one night, we encourage that! If you’d like to offer one free room and then a few more at a BOGO or specially discounted rate, that’s fine, as long as the one free room is honored.
- Let us know when your rooms are booked and we will indicate this on your listing.
- We strongly suggest you require a credit card when the veteran reserves and then inform them that all cancellation policies apply to free rooms and their card will be charged if they don’t abide by the policy.
- Keep a waiting list.
- Contact the veteran a few weeks in advance and confirm the reservation.
- Acceptable Forms of identification are: Valid Military ID, Veterans Administration ID, Form DD-214 reflecting an honorable discharge
- Listings will be posted within 48 hours M-F (Listings listed over the weekend will be listed by the following Tuesday). Please see examples of listings.
Please make sure ALL of the information requested is filled out.
Incomplete listings will not be listed.
Listings emailed to us without filling out the form will not be listed.
Make sure the property has commercial insurance, the required licenses/permits, and pays the applicable taxes.
Thank you in advance for your participation in the B&Bs for Vets program.